All right here in Sydney, 13-15 May 2016.
WHY SO LITTLE?
Go light with 1 day of workshops for less fatigue and better learning.
Bulk up your weekend with additional special interest classes before, during, and after the weekend.
Live large with live music every night at the parties.
One day of general admission workshops, one teachers' workshop, one solo jazz challenge workshop. The workshops are unique. Taught by skilled instructors who know what they're doing, expect something interesting.
The Little Big Weekend showcases local Sydney social dancing and music to bring dancers the very best parties Sydney can offer.
The Harlem Spoon Lindy Hop Contest
To celebrate the history of lindy hop and the FUN of a live competition, this year the Little Big Weekend hosts its first ever lindy hop contest., the Harlem Spoon.
What's the plan?
Friday 13 May
- Beginner and intermediate lindy hop classes at Harlem;
- The Harlem Spoon lindy hop contest at Harlem;
- Evening Harlem party with live music from Andrew Dickeson's Blue Rhythm Band.
Saturday 14 May
- Daytime general admission workshops with guest teachers Jenny and Rikard;
- Evening dance with Andrew Dickeson's Blue Rhythm Orchestra.
Sunday 15 May
- Catch our guest teachers at local Swing Dance Sydney classes;
- Take a private class with our guest teachers.
Learn more about Sydney, off-program activities, and the Little Big Weekend on Facebook.
The Little Big Weekend is brought to you by Sam Carroll and Swing Dance Sydney.